December’s the Deadline! Have you earned your 100 MOC points?
December 31st marks the end of the initial five-year deadline following the adoption of the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) continuous Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program requiring Diplomates to earn 100 MOC points, including 20 in medical knowledge, every five years.
CME Outfitters can help you earn any outstanding MOC points you need to ensure you reach your 100 MOC point minimum by the end of December. Earning ABIM MOC points doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming. When you actively participate in CME activities, you are already meeting requirements towards MOC. ABIM MOC points are equivalent to the maximum number of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM earned for a course.
CME activities are free and offer ABIM MOC on our website now.
Upcoming live events in 2018:
- Improving the Quality of Care for Patients with Atopic Dermatitis: Integrating Measurement-Based Tools Into Your Clinical Practice
On Demand courses:
- From Pathways to PROs: Translating the Latest Evidence for Current and Emerging JAK Inhibitors to Clinical Practice
- Opioid Use Disorder in Special Populations: Making Recovery a Goal
- Getting to the Heart of the Underdiagnosis and Undertreatment of Non-valvular Atrial Fibrillation: Integrating Optimal Screening, Team-Based Care and Digital Health Tools in Primary Care Settings
- Optimizing Immunosuppression, Precision Medicine, and Big Data: The Required Path for Innovation in Transplantation
- Stopping Ulcerative Colitis Progression in its Tract: Combining the Latest Evidence and Engaging Teaching Tools to Improve Patient Outcomes
- Getting to the Gut of the Matter: Closing the Gaps in Diagnosis, Effective Treatment, and Comprehensive Care in IBS and CIC
- Practicing Precision Medicine in Psoriatic Arthritis: Strategies and Digital Health Tools for Managing a Chronic Disease
- Peeking Beneath the Surface of Atopic Dermatitis: Testing Your Skills from Pathogenesis to Treatment
- Getting Ahead of Migraine: Integrating Preventive Strategies Into Migraine Care
- HBV Is Not a Game: Or Is It? Optimizing Your Approach to HBV Management
- Precision Medicine in Ankylosing Spondylitis: Fine-tuning Diagnosis and Treatment
- A Team Approach to Improving Outcomes in Rheumatoid Arthritis: Clinicians, Patients, and Digital Health Coaches
To earn your ABIM MOC points for participating, learners must do 2 things:
- Participate in the pre-survey, any audience response questions, and the activity evaluation.
- Provide your ABIM 6-digit number and date of birth (MNM/DD) so we can submit your points
CME Outfitters will then submit your credit to the ABIM through their partnership with the ACCME. This is an ABIM requirement for CME providers to submit your points directly.
With new activities added every month, check back with CME Outfitters for additional courses offering ABIM MOC points to ensure you meet your 100 MOC point requirements every five years.
About the Author
Director of Accreditation
CME Outfitters, LLC
Follow me on Twitter: @wefaler